We have the experience and resources to help you navigate the legal process.
Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Mesa, AZ
An aging relative may need medical and personal care that cannot be provided at home. You search for a facility that you believe will provide compassion, attention, and service your loved one deserves. It is a terrible shock to discover that your relative may have been mistreated, injured, or lost their life due to neglect, lack of medical care, or by being emotionally or financially harmed. In these cases, it is critical that you take legal action to hold the nursing home or other negligent party accountable, and seek the justice and full compensation your loved one deserves.
Common Types of Nursing Home Abuse
Some of the most common types of nursing home abuse include:
- Physical harm: Kicking, slapping, pinching, pushing, shaking, beating, overuse of restraints, bruising, broken bones, and/or lacerations
- Emotional harm: Humiliation, ridicule, verbal abuse, insults, mocking, isolating the individual, yelling, or removing necessary items such as walkers and other assistive devices
- Financial harm: Loss of valuable items or jewelry, accessing the residents’ bank accounts, and other financial losses
- Neglect: Lack of proper hygiene or food and water, leaving the resident malnourished, dehydrated, suffering from bed sores, with new or untreated medical conditions, and other serious issues
Who Is Liable for Nursing Home Abuse?
If you believe your loved one is a victim of neglect or has been harmed while under the care of a nursing home, the liable parties must be identified, and a claim or lawsuit filed as rapidly as possible. The liable parties could include one or more of the following:
- Owner of the facility
- Nursing home director or manager
- Staff member or members at the facility
- Any medical professional who mistreated or failed to treat the resident as required
Why Choose Budge Law Firm, PLLC?
At Budge Law Firm, PLLC, we offer our clients something rare in a law firm – maximum personal care and attention. You will be working directly with our attorney, who is available to you 24/7. Beyond our dedication to superior service and our small firm feel, we deliver big firm results, and have a reputation for legal excellence in nursing home abuse cases throughout Arizona. We can meet with you at our office, at another convenient location, or on a Zoom call for your convenience.
Contact us online or by calling (480) 376-7193 for a free case evaluation. There are no fees unless we win compensation on your behalf.
You Will Not Pay Us Unless We Win Your Case
Client-Focused & Results Driven
You Will Work Directly With Our Attorney