Do I need to call the police if I am involved in a car accident?

An attorney in a dark blue suit stands with arms crossed, row of trees behind him

Yes! Call the police if you were involved in a car accident, especially if someone is injured.  Arizona law requires that you give immediate notice of an accident involving injuries to either: 1. The local police department, 2. The office of the county sheriff, or 3. The nearest office of the highway patrol. You should exchange insurance information with the other driver(s) and notify the proper authorities after a crash.

Additionally, if you are injured as a result of a car accident and you were not at fault, a police investigation can help document what occurred. Budge Law Firm can help you sort through the mess and make sure that everything is done correctly so that you don’t end up with unexpected results. ¬†The last thing you want is to find out is that the other driver changed their story when they reported it to their insurance company. If you were injured in a car accident you should always hire an attorney. Give us a call for a free consultation.

Related Posts
  • Getting Compensated for Medical Bills in Personal Injury Claims Read More
  • Arizona Car Insurance Limits Set to Increase on July 1, 2020 Read More
  • Paying For Medical Bills After An Accident Read More